Naviance is a comprehensive college and career that helps align student strengths and interests to post-secondary goals, and improve student outcomes.
Students and parents can join Naviance – contact the MHS guidance dept for a sign on and password.
Naviance can …
· Organize applications – Once senior year begins, students will find that Naviance becomes a personal filing system. Using the features under “colleges”, students can organize applications and track deadlines. Beginning in fall 2009, students may request transcripts electronically through Naviance.
· Research colleges – Perform a college search based on criteria like location, size, student body, and more. Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other.
· View college overlaps – Students often find schools that are a good academic fit, but want to explore more schools just like it. By clicking on overlaps, students can see up to 10 more schools that are similar.
· Use Career tools – When students are looking for more insight about career options, Naviance can help. Through the Career Interest Profiler (“explore interests”) students can match their interests to specific careers . By clicking on “explore careers” students can learn specific information about many careers, including job description, salaries, outlook, education, and more.
· More Tools - Naviance allows students to take a personality assessment, search for scholarships, participate in school-wide surveys, communicate with their counselor, and create a resume.· Student identities are protected.