Information for New Families
Welcome to the Morris School District! We are thrilled that you've chosen to become part of our community, and we want to help make the transition for both you and your children as seamless as possible. We've included in this section the most commonly sought information for new families. We also encourage you to familiarize yourself with the rest of our website to get to know us better.
- Start & Dismissal Times
- School Overviews
- Summer Programs
- School Breakfast/Lunch
- Before & After School Care
- Who Handles What?
Breakfast and lunch are available for purchase at each school in the district, provided by Whitson's School Nutrition. Please contact Morris School District Food Services if you have any questions:
973-292-2000, Ext. 2111
Students who qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch qualify for free/reduced breakfast as well. Applications are available by clicking the button below. Please note that you do not have to print out the application if you complete it online; it will be electronically sent to the Board Office once completed. You may also complete an application using a computer in the main office of your child's school or request a paper application.
If you do not qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, please follow these procedures for purchasing school breakfast or lunch:
- Payment may be made in cash or check (payable to "Morris School District")
- Backpack an envelope with your child's name on it, marked "Food Services."
- Include your child's name in the memo line of your check.
- You may prepay for multiple breakfasts or lunches with one check or lump sum of money, which will then be deposited onto your child's food services account.
- Payment may also be made online (see link below to set up an online payment account); a small fee will be charged with each transaction.
Please use the buttons below to access information on menus and prices, free and reduced lunch applications, and online payment. This is a secure and convenient way to make payments and keep your account up to date.