Gifted & Talented
Morris School District Gifted & Talented
What defines a student as gifted or talented or twice exceptional?
|A Strong Learner...||
A Gifted Learner….
The Morris School District will provide a continuum of services for the exceptional learner, designed to address specific needs and levels of giftedness from Kindergarten through grade 12. According to the New Jersey Strengthening Gifted and Talented Education Act (2019), “instructional adaptation" means an adjustment or modification to instruction enabling a student who is gifted and talented to participate in, benefit from, and demonstrate knowledge and application of the New Jersey Student Learning Standards in one or more content areas at the instructional level of the student, not just the student’s grade level.
- Have teachers for each grade level to work with students identified at each school
- Identification and reporting of G&T students
- Multi-Tiered approach to providing gifted & talented support that goes beyond academic strengths and is inclusive of all students enrolled in the Morris School District
- Utilize Multiple Measures for Identification
- Timelines for Program Identification
- Curriculum, Professional Development & Program Resources