AP EXAM INFORMATION FOR REGISTRANTS
All students who are registered to take AP Exams will receive an email no later than April 30, 2019 with detailed information regarding their exam schedule and test room locations. It’s important that students check their email for this information.
You can log into Total Registration at any time to review your AP Exam registration information. PLEASE verify that all personal information (name, birthday, address, etc.) is accurate no later than March 15, 2019 as this information will be pre-printed on your answer sheets ahead of test day.
If you need to make adjustments to your AP schedule, you must contact Mrs. Henry as soon as possible. Please visit the College Board’s Alternate Testing webpage for information on requesting an alternate (late) exam.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TEST DAY
Be sure to review the 2018-19 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents that you received in your AP class(es).
You are required to arrive no later than 20 minutes before your exam: 7:40 a.m. for the morning administration and 11:40 a.m. for the afternoon administration. Students may not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended; don’t ask to leave early if you finish before the end of the exam. If you play a sport or have a job, it’s your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP Exam obligation, and arrangements should be made accordingly.
You should bring the following items to the exam room:
- Two sharpened No. 2 pencils with erasers for all responses on your multiple-choice answer sheet.
- Two pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- Your 6-digit school code.
- A watch that doesn’t have internet access, doesn’t beep, and doesn’t have an alarm.
- Up to two approved calculators with the necessary capabilities if you’re taking an AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam only. Visit apstudents.org/calculators) to learn more about the calculator policy for each of these exams and for a list of authorized calculators.
- A ruler or straightedge only if you’re taking an AP Physics Exam. Protractors are not allowed.
- Your AP Student Pack (This will be provided for you on the day of your first exam.)
- If you’ve been approved for testing accommodations, bring your SSD Student Accommodations Letter to verify your approval.
You should not bring the following to the exam room:
- Phones, smartwatches, wearable technology of any kind, laptops, tablet computers, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices—MP3 player, iPod®, etc.—cameras or photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, separate timers of any type, and any other electronic devices are prohibited in the exam room and during breaks. School-owned digital recording devices are allowed only for the AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams and the AP Music Theory Exam.
- Books, compasses, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes, or mechanical or colored pencils
- Rulers or straightedges (these are allowed only for AP Physics Exams)
- Scratch paper
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions
- Calculators (unless it’s an approved calculator for AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics)
- Watches that beep or have an alarm
- Food or drink
- Clothing or shoes with subject-related information
- Ear plugs