The Morris School District serves the communities of Morristown and Morris Township (pre-K through high school) and Morris Plains (grades 9-12) by providing a supportive and challenging educational environment for a total student population of approximately 5,200. Within the District there is one preschool, three primary schools (k-2), three intermediate schools (3-5), one multiage magnet school (K-5), one middle school (6-8) and one high school (9-12).
In addition to our pre-K through high school program the Morris School District operates an innovative Community School which offers an extensive adult school curriculum for lifelong learners. The Community School also oversees Sunrise/Sunset, a nurturing before- and after-school childcare program for children of busy parents. Sunrise/Sunset offers a safe, supportive, and supervised environment in which boys and girls can work and play before and after school.
The Morris School District will:
- Provide excellent and innovative programs in academics, athletics, and the arts.
- Create an environment that inspires all students to perform to their full potential.
- Respect the uniqueness of individual differences.
- Prepare students for responsible citizenship.
- Form strong partnerships with the community.
- Attract and retain talented people.
- Assure that adequate resources are available and effectively and efficiently applied in fulfilling our mission