(Parent Advocacy Council for Education in the Morris School District)
P.A.C.E is a parent-to-parent support and advocacy group whose goal is to work towards the understanding of, respect for, and support of optimum education for all children with special learning needs.
• Create a partnership based on cooperation and mutual understanding between parents and the school district
• Create a supportive parent community and a forum for gathering information and learning from one another
• Encourage parent involvement in and advocacy of their child's education
• Present and participate in programs of interest related to special education and learning differences
• Promote understanding of children with special learning needs
Throughout the year, P.A.C.E sponsors presentations and workshops. We also maintain a list of events sponsored by local organizations and groups found on the P.A.C.E. Website.
P.A.C.E. Sponsors four different parent discussion & support groups, which are open to all parents in the district, as well as neighboring districts:
Learning Differences - an open forum/general discussion group
ADHD and Executive Function
Language Based Disabilities (Reading & Writing)
The meeting schedule for the 2012-13 school year is posted on the P.A.C.E. websitewww.MorrisPACE.org.
For more information visit P.A.C.E. at www.MorrisPACE.org.
To join P.A.C.E. and be included in the email list, send your name, the name of your child's school, and your phone number to PACE.firstname.lastname@example.org.