Morris School District

A World of Opportunity

31 Hazel Street

Morristown, NJ 07960

Phone: 973-292-2300

Fax: 973-292-2057

Registration Procedures and Forms

Only parents or legal guardians may register a child in the Morris School District. Parents/legal guardians who reside in Morristown or Morris Township may register a child in the Morris School District for grades Pre-K through 12. Parents/legal guardians who reside in Morris Plains may register a student in Morristown High School (grades 9-12). Morris Plains students must obtain a confirmation of residency form from the Morris Plains School District (973-538-1650) prior to registration.
 Kindergarten Registration Procedures for the 2016-2017 School Year
In order to enter kindergarten in September 2016, the incoming kindergarten child must be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2016.
All required registration forms must be completed prior registration. Children do not need to be present at the time of registration. Please note, children may not be registered without proper proof of residency. Documents required to provide proof of residency (owning or leasing a home in Morristown or Morris Township) are are a lease or deed plus 2 utility bills or 1 utility bill and a driver's license. 

Beginning on January 4, parents  may register their child on Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM at the Morris School District Board of Education office (2nd floor, Lafayette Learning Center),31 Hazel Street, Morristown. Although not required, parents may call 973-292-2300 extension 2112 for an appointment to register their child. In addition, registration opportunities have been scheduled at several community-based child care centers and preschools. Information regarding the location, dates and times of these registrations may be found HERE
To access the Board of Education office, visitors must enter through door # 4 (on side of building) and take the elevator to the second floor.  
Please note: In order to be included in the Normandy Park lottery for the 2016-2017 school year, all registration documents must be completed by 3:30 PM on March 2, 2016.
Inscripcion para kindergarten 2016-2017

A partir del 04 de enero, los padres pueden inscribir a sus hijos de lunes a viernes entre las 8:30 am y las 3:00 pm en el Edificio Administrativo del Distrito Escolar de Morris, Oficina Número 202 (segundo piso, Lafayette Learning Center), 31 Hazel Street, Morristown. Aunque no es necesario, los padres pueden llamar al 973-292-2300 extensión 2112 para hacer una cita para registrar a su hijo. 

Los siguiente documentos son necesarios para la inscripción :

*Certificado de nacimiento del niño o pasaporte

*Los registros de vacunación o carta de exención

*Prueba de dirección o arrendamiento de una residencia en Morristown o Morris Township

*2 facturas de servicios públicos o 1 factura de servicios públicos y la licencia de conducir que muestre la dirección actual) .

 Se requiere que estos documentos  además de los formularios de inscripción completados en el momento de la inscripción.

Los formularios para inscripcion de kindergarten es iCI 

Registration procedures for students transferring to Morris School District from another school
Students who are transferring into the Morris School District from another school district may begin the registration process at any Morris School District School. The incoming student must be present during the initial registration process and parents must provide:
  • the child's OFFICIAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH A RAISED SEAL or a valid passport if born outside of the U.S.
  • Completed registration forms (see link below)
  • immunization records or letter of exemption 
  • completed registration forms and documents which provide proof of owning or leasing a residence in Morristown or Morris Township (preK-12) or Morris  Plains (9-12)
  • For acceptable documents to prove residency, click HERE
After the school has reviewed paperwork and determined that all necessary information has been provided, an appointment will be scheduled to complete the registration process.
Morris Plains students who register to attend Morristown High School  must obtain a confirmation of residency form from the Morris Plains School District (973-538-1650) prior to registration.

In order to simplify the initial registration process, the following forms should be downloaded and completed prior to registration:  
Required Registration Forms - Spanish
* If the parent/guardian does not yet reside in the District but intends to purchase property and become a resident within sixty days of registration, he or she may apply for permission to register the student through the Superintendent's office. Specific documentation, such as contract of sale, and provision of an escrow check for tuition, etc., will be required. Or, If the parent/guardian does not lease or own the domicile but resides with another party who owns or rents the property, the parent or legal guardian must submit a notarized statement from the person who does own or lease the property, indicating that he or she is residing there with the student.