The Morris School District will:
As one of three K-2 schools within the Morris School District, the Woodland School and the Woodland School community acknowledges that students are our future and we are dedicated to their success. Our mission is to provide a safe, healthy, welcoming, stimulating academic and intellectual learning environment. To achieve our vision, we will strive to provide:
- Provide excellent and innovative programs in academics, athletics, and the arts.
- Create an environment that inspires all students to perform to their full potential.
- Respect the uniqueness of individual differences.
- Prepare students for responsible citizenship.
- Form strong partnerships with the community.
- Attract and retain talented people.
- Assure that adequate resources are available and effectively and efficiently applied in fulfilling our mission.
- Opportunities for students to engage as independent learners and members of our school to develop foundational skills and attitudes that support lifelong learning.
- A safe and healthy learning environment centered on students and their individual needs, directed by teachers, and supported by their classmates, the home, and our community.
- Sound models in behavior, speech, and character that promote curiosity, trust, fairness, health, tolerance, respect, kindness, hard work, and perseverance.
- Experiences that introduce and/or expand student knowledge, skills, and attitudes so grade level standards and community expectations are addressed.